The Biochemistry department was started in 1993.
The Department of Biotechnology was started in 2002.
The Botany department of this college dates back to 1912.
The Department of Business Administration (BBA) emerged in the year 1999.
The Undergraduate degree course in Commerce Computer Application (B.Com.CA) was started in the year 2008.
The 110 year-old Department of Chemistry was founded in the Year 1906 by Rev. Fr. Augustinun Hass SJ. with Undergraduate course in Chemistry.
The Department of Commerce was started in the year 1948. for offering the three-year B.Com degree.
The Department of Computer Science was started in the year 1983.
The Electronics Department is 23 years old with B.Sc., and M.Sc., electronics courses currently.
The Department of English enjoys the special status of being the only department that has contact with every student at the undergraduate level.
The Department of History is as old as the College itself.
The Department of Mathematics was started as an under graduate department in 1844 at Nagapattinam.
The growth and development of the Department of Physics, one of the earliest departments of the College, is as follows:
The Statistics Department was started in 1978.
It is one of the oldest departments. BA Tamil was started in the year 1982.
Visitor Counter: 2528792