Library was established with 9000 volumes of books in 1909. Now the collection of books has risen to 162002 and 135 Journals and magazines.
Library was functioned at Lawley Hall block till 1963.
In 1963 Centenary Library building was declared opened by Mgr.Knox, Papal Nuncio is functioning as the Administrative and MCA Block today.
In the year 1964, Book Bank Section of the library was established.
Library Automation was started in 1995 and Bar Code Technology was introduced in the year 2000.
In 7th august 2006 WebOPAC Online Search facility was launched.
Web OPAC-online search facility was launched on 7th Aug, 2006.
On 12th December 2008, the Mega Arrupe Digital library was inaugurated.
Rev.Dr.S.Lazar SJ Endowment was initiated and Seminars are organized from the year 2010.
Digital Library of the library is launched in 2014 and RFID Technology was introduced in the year 2016.